WATERLOO, IA. The Waterloo Police Department continues to investigate a shooting that occurred in and around 501 W. 4th Street, in Waterloo Iowa, where at 22-year-old male and 28 year old female died, and at least 12 other persons were injured as a result of this incident.
The decedents are identified as:
- Da’Curious (Dacarious) T. Burkett, 22, Waterloo, IA.
- Takeya M. Hogan-Camp, 28, West Des Moines, IA.
The following persons received treatment for gunshot related injuries:
- Jayvon R. Sanford, 28, Waterloo, IA, treated for a gunshot injury to the leg.
- Raymond Lindsey 22, Waterloo, IA, treated for a gunshot injury to the leg.
- Shontavis D. Keller, 31, Waterloo, IA, treated for a gunshot injury to the leg.
- Davon T. Biddle, 21, Waterloo, IA, treated for a gunshot wound to the hand.
- Natiria U. Whitaker, 28, Waterloo, IA, treated for a gunshot wound to the leg.
- Daquaylan L. Smith, 24 Rock Island IL, treated for a gunshot wound to the ankle.
The Investigation into this matter is ongoing and we continue to seek out, and speak with witnesses to this crime. If you were in and/or around 501 W. 4th Street at the time of this incident, please contact Waterloo Police at 319-291-4340 Option 3/Investigations.
If you have any digital media that may assist us in investigating this matter, either contact us, or upload it to the following site provided as a courtesy from The Axon Company.
We appreciate the assistance we have received from our community, local, state, and federal partners and continue to work with them to bring a resolution to this incident.
We ask that you continue to keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.
A Criminal Charge is merely an accusation and a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.