Increased Traffic Enforcement
Together with agencies across the state and across the nation, the Waterloo Police Department will join the “Over the Limit, Under Arrest” enforcement effort as part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) initiative and the Special Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP). This project will be conducted August 18 – 31, 2008. There will be increased traffic enforcement with an emphasis on safety belt usage and OWI enforcement.
The police department would like to remind you of the following tips:
- Don’t risk it -- If you plan to drive, don’t drink or use any drugs.
- Choose a sober designated driver before celebrating.
- Take mass transit, a taxicab or ask a friend to drive you home.
- Spend the night where the activity is being held.
- Report impaired drivers to law enforcement.
- Always wear your safety belt.
Any questions please contact Captain Tim Pillack, (319) 291-4336.